‘To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.” -William Blake
Still I Rise by Maya Angelou
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
The Best Vegan Chocolate Brownie Recipe- in fact, I’ll be honest, it’s the ONLY chocolate brownie recipe I’ve ever made from scratch. I’d recently become friends with a vegan and I wanted to make her a delicious treat for when I visited. She said it was amazing and it was amazing! My omnivore husband LOVED them too. It’s gluten free, dairy free and best of all vegan.
Taken from: http://www.veggieful.com/2013/03/vegan-chocolate-brownie-recipe.html
1 ½ cups all-purpose (plain) flour
1 tightly-packed cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup cocoa powder
90g dark chocolate, melted
½ cup margarine, at room temp. (I used Nuttelex)
1 cup Soy Milky Lite
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g vegan white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and cocoa and stir until combined.
- Pour in the dark chocolate, margarine, soymilk and vanilla to the bowl and beat for a couple of minutes or so until the mixture becomes creamy and fully combined (Use electric beaters if you have them). The mixture should be thick and shiny at this point.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips until they are roughly distributed.
- Pour/spoon in the brownie mixture into the baking tray and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or so until the top looks cooked and a skewer comes out clean when poked into the centre of the brownies.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving or slicing. This allows it to set completely in the centre.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
- I find that the brownies get sweeter, the colder they get. I like to warm it up before I eat it, which makes it a little bit less sweet for some reason.
- If you are in Australia, I buy the Sweet William brand of White Chocolate and cut into chips. You can purchase it from Coles or Woolworths.